Arsenal FC
An Arsenal blog written by arsenal fan

 

Friday, December 15, 2006
Wenger fined £10,000 by FA
Arsene Wenger, the Arsenal manager, has been fined £10,000, severely censured and warned about his future conduct by the Football Association over his touchline clash with Alan Pardew, the former West Ham United manager.

Wenger had earlier admitted a charge of improper conduct for his "aggressive and confrontational behaviour" in an incident involving Pardew towards the end of the Premiership match at Upton Park on Sunday, November 5.

Wenger appeared to take offence at Pardew's wild celebrations as Marlon Harewood scored the goal which gave the home side a 1-0 victory, and had to be restrained by the fourth official. He also refused to shake hands with his rival at the end of the game.

Pardew, who was sacked by West Ham on Monday, had denied a similar charge over the incident and had requested a personal hearing.

He also subsequently tried to make peace with Wenger over the clash: "I apologise if I offended Arsene. If I was over-zealous in my celebrations, which I'm sure I was, I apologise fully to Arsene and Arsenal," he said

"We've had a tough old season here and maybe it came out.

"Arsene was annoyed with that, maybe quite rightly so, but I hope that I can iron that out and we will be big enough to look each other in the eye. I want to sort things out with Arsene. It's not right for the image of the game.

"It was nothing personal, I was celebrating the goal. I've got great respect for him and that won't change.

"Nothing was said. Maybe he was angry at a couple of decisions and it was a physical game. We wanted to upset Arsenal, we wanted to win."

Labels: , ,

 

posted by Labanon @ 12:38 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 

 
About Me

Name: Labanon
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
FootBall Talk

 


 

Links

 

Powered by

 



BLOGGER

html>